How can You tell when Your Roof needs repairs?
Other than water dripping from the ceiling, most homeowners in Northern California don’t realize when their roof is overdue for repairs. No matter how old your roof is, there will eventually come a time when repairs are necessary. When that time comes, you want to be assured that you’ve hired the right roof repair contractor in San Jose and roofing technicians for the job. Otherwise, you could be in for more problems in the future and problems that are far costlier than the initial poor repairs.
7 Signs that indicate the need for Roof Repairs
This may come as a shock, but there are a lot of roofing companies and contractors in California that don’t do roofing repairs, only roof replacements. You’ll know if you’re dealing with one of these companies because they will insist that you need a new roof. At Falcon Roofing, we keep your best interests and budget in mind when inspecting your roof. In many cases, you’ll only need a minor roof repair job in San Jose or San Francisco Peninsula Area and not a brand-new roof.
The following are the 7 signs that usually indicate that roof repairs are needed:
- Algae growth and wet areas – if you’ve recently noticed any dark areas or streaks, or there appears to be algae growth in some areas, it could be time to call Falcon Roofing to have your roof inspected. It may only be a minor problem for now, but if you neglect it, you could be in for a total roof replacement.
- Damaged shingles – every homeowner should do a visual inspection of their roof a minimum of twice a year. Visual inspections can reveal potentially worsening problems such as cracked, curled, or otherwise damaged shingles or missing shingles. If there are only a few areas that need attention, the repairs will be fairly inexpensive. If it’s a more widespread problem, it may be time to think about replacing your roof.
- Interior inspection – there’s more to roof inspections than just doing a visual exam of the exterior. Let one of our inspection technicians examine the interior of your home potential problems and determine if any roof repair in San Jose is needed.
- Sagging roof deck – no matter what degree of pitch your roof has, the lines should always appear to be fairly straight. If you see any sagging or warping, this could be an indication of a much larger problem that should receive immediate attention.
- Shingle granules accumulating in rain gutters – it pays to inspect your rain gutters every couple of months and clean them out whenever necessary. If you start noticing what looks like black sand accumulating in your rain gutters, this is the residue from worn shingles. This normally indicates that it’s time to replace your roof. However, but you might be able to buy yourself a little time with some repairs.
- Signs of moisture accumulation – water leaks are not always apparent. You could have an interior leak and not be aware of it. Depending on the amount of insulation you have, there could already be severe damage. Check your attic and crawl spaces for any signs of moisture including mildew, mold, pooling, or staining.
- Sunlight showing through the roof – the last thing any homeowner needs is the ability to see sunlight coming through your roof. This indicates that more than just a minor roof repair in San Jose is needed. Even on sunlit, dry days, your roof could still be in trouble. Examine your attic on a day that’s bright and sunny with all lighting out. If you notice any light coming through, it’s time to call Falcon Roofing for a professional roof inspection.
When it comes to roofing repairs in this area of Northern California, there are a lot of companies and contractors to choose from. So why should you choose our company? Three reasons – guaranteed workmanship, the highest quality roofing materials, and superior value. For more information regarding our roof repair services in San Jose and San Francisco Peninsula Area, call Falcon Roofing today. We will be glad to be of assistance in all areas in South Bay and San Francisco Peninsula. Call us at 650-405-3570 or 650-275-6734.